I was one of the 15.3 million people who took part in the Fortnite Season 5 Galactus event making it the biggest gaming event for the game to date. There were also a reported 5 million people watching the event live on Youtube and Twitch once again proving the gaming dominance Fortnite still holds.
WHAT WAS THE EVENT?
Unlike other events like the Travis Scott concert in which you just watched, this event was interactive allowing players to work together to defeat Galactus who has been looming over the game all season. A short but fun event put players inside an army of battle buses armed with lazers working together, under the guidance of Iron Man, to essentially endlessly shoot Galactus. It only lasted around 10 minutes but I was impressed how the game held together this time and I wasn’t booted from the servers once.
We are now officially in Chapter 2: Season 5 which is called Zero Point.
WHAT IS ZERO POINT?
- THE ZERO POINT IS EXPOSED, BUT NO ONE ESCAPES THE LOOP, NOT ON YOUR WATCH. JOIN AGENT JONES AND THE GREATEST HUNTERS FROM ACROSS REALITIES LIKE THE MANDALORIAN IN A CHAOTIC BATTLE THAT WILL SHAPE THE FUTURE OF THE ISLAND…
- NEW HUNTERS MEANS NEW LOCATIONS FROM BEYOND THE LOOP. BATTLE FOR HONOR IN AN ANCIENT ARENA, SHARPEN YOUR SURVIVAL SKILLS IN THE JUNGLE, AND EXPLORE THE SHIFTING CRYSTALLINE SANDS FLOWING FROM THE EXPOSED ZERO POINT.
- AS A HUNTER, IT’S YOUR DUTY TO HELP THE ISLAND’S CHARACTERS IN THEIR UNSTABLE NEW REALITY. TAKE ON THEIR QUESTS AND BOUNTIES, GET INTEL ON YOUR SURROUNDINGS, OR HIRE THEM TO BE YOUR ALLY. DON’T WANT TO NEGOTIATE? CHALLENGE THEM TO A DUEL AND REAP THE REWARDS.
- THE NEW CHARACTERS ONLY ACCEPT ONE FORM OF PAYMENT: BARS! EARN BARS BY COMPLETING QUESTS AND BOUNTIES, ELIMINATING PLAYERS, OR FINDING HIDDEN STASHES AROUND THE ISLAND. SPEND YOUR EARNED BARS ON NEW EXOTIC WEAPONS, UPGRADES, INTEL, SERVICES AND MORE.
- NEW WEAPONS LET YOU ATTACK IN NOVEL WAYS. UNLEASH YOUR FIERY RAGE WITH THE DRAGON’S BREATH SHOTGUN, SWITCH BETWEEN MELEE AND RANGED WITH THE MANDALORIAN’S AMBAN SNIPER RIFLE, TRACK YOUR TARGET WITH THE NIGHT HAWK, AND MORE. HUNTERS AND VENDORS ARE ALSO WORKING TO BRING YOU MORE WEAPONS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT!
- THE HUNTERS ON THE ISLAND ARE ONLY THE FIRST TO ARRIVE FROM OUTSIDE THE LOOP… THROUGHOUT THE SEASON, AGENT JONES WILL BRING IN EVEN MORE HUNTERS FROM THE REALITIES BEYOND. WHO WILL BE NEXT?
WHAT’S IN THE BATTLE PASS?
As with every new season there is a new season pass, which again costs 950 V Bucks and includes:
- 1500 V Bucks in rewards
- Tier 1 – Mandalorian skin with two variants
- Tier 15 – Reese skin with two variants
- Tier 29 – Mancake skin with two variants
- Tier 41 – Mave skin with four variants
- Tier 60 – Kondor with one variant
- Tier 73 – Lexa skin with two variants
- Tier 83 – Menace skin with seven variants
- 7 Skins
- 13 Skin variants
- 1 Pet
- 5 Emotes
- 7 Emoticons
- 2 Music tracks
- 7 Loading screens
- 6 Gliders
- 7 Sprays
- 7 Banners
- 6 Harvesting tools
- 2 Harvesting tool styles
- 6 Back bling
- 4 Contrail
- 6 Weapon wraps
Upon completion of Epic Quests you can also unlock
- 5 Skin variants
- 1 Emote
- 1 Loading screen
- 2 Banners
- 1 Music track
- 1 Contrail
Obviously I am only 2 days into the new season writing this review but so far as a Star Wars fan I’m loving playing as Mando The Mandalorian. I’m looking forward to the upcoming quests and seeing what happens with his ship the Razor Crest. The sheer volume of skins and variants available makes this one of the most packed Battle Pass to date, and with the recent drop in price for V Bucks it makes it even more worth the money.